If you’re looking for a new and healthy way to eat, the Mediterranean diet recipes might be perfect for you. This diet is based on the traditional food of the region, which includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat meats.
The Mediterranean Diet is a healthy way of eating that is popular in countries like Spain, Italy, Greece, and Cyprus. This Diet is based on the principle that all foods should come from plants and should be low in fat and sugar.
There are many recipes available for the Mediterranean Diet, and this blog will provide you with 7 recipes that are suitable for a healthy lifestyle. Each of these recipes provides you with powerful antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are also low in calories and sodium.
If you are looking to improve your health and adopt a healthy lifestyle, try out one of these Mediterranean recipes today!
1. Pan-Roasted Smoky Chicken Over Rosemary-Garlic Cannellini Beans Recipe
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious meal, try out one of our pan-roasted chicken over rosemary-garlic cannellini beans recipes. These recipes are simple to follow and will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
Our first recipe is for smoky chicken over rosemary-garlic cannellini beans. This dish is packed with flavor and is sure to please any palate. The chicken is pan-roasted until it’s tender and juicy, while the beans serve as a nutritious base. All you need is some fresh herbs and spices to make this dish truly unique.
For the beans:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15.5 ounce (no-salt) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
For the chicken:
- 2 eight-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onion, cook stirring occasionally, until 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, rosemary salt, and pepper stirring often and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beans and 1/2 cup of water. Reduce heat to medium-low and sim for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the chicken.
- To make a chicken, drizzle with oil and rub to coat. Season with smoked salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side until cooked.
- Slice chicken into thin slices.
- Stir the parsley into the beans, divide them among four plates, and top with the prepared sliced chicken.
2. Charred Broccoli Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
Broccoli is one of the cruciferous vegetables that are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is also a good source of dietary fiber.
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup tabbouleh dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, tabbouleh dressing, parsley, mint, oregano and salt.
- Toss to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Season with pepper to taste and serve.
3. Mediterranean Vegetable Soup Recipe
If you’re looking for a healthy way to start your day, try a Mediterranean vegetable soup recipe (one of the tastiest recipes of all). This soup is packed with vitamins and minerals, and it’s easy to make.
Vegetables and Legumes:
- Whole tomatoes from can
- Chickpeas from a can
- Fresh Parsley
- Spices and dry herbs
- Heat a saucepan coated with cooking spray. Add onion, stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash, stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add water, oregano, crushed red pepper, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a blob of yogurt.
4. Toasted Quinoa and Salmon Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious Mediterranean-style salad recipe, you’ll love this toasted quinoa and salmon salad. It’s easy to make and perfect for a healthy lifestyle.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced fresh fruit (such as pear or grapes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces wild salmon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 English cucumber, and cut into small pieces
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the fruit, parsley, feta cheese, 3 tablespoons of the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of the oil, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl and stir until everything is coated in the dressing.
5. Cod with Lentils and Salsa Verde Recipe
One of the healthiest meals you can have is a cod dish with lentils and salsa Verde. This cod dish is filled with vegetables and lentils, and it is certain to give you plenty of energy and nutrients.
- 4 white fish fillets with skin (200 g each)
- Olive oil
- Couple of knobs of butter
- 4 big rocket leaves
- 250 puy lentils
- 6 tbsp olive oil, and extra few splashes
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped celery sticks
- 1 finely chopped medium carrot
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- Finely chopped leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
For the Salsa Verde:
- 3 big flat leaf parsley
- Basil and mint leaves
- 5 salted and drained anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 1 big peeled and crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 125ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the herbs with the anchovies, garlic, and capers. Roughly chop the remaining herbs.
- Put the chopped ingredients in a bowl with vinegar and mustard – stir together well.
- Mix olive oil for sauce-like consistency.
- Rinse the lentils in a sieve, heat two tablespoons of the oil and add vegetables, garlic, and rosemary.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 5-6 minutes to soften the vegetables, stir in the tomato puree and cook for another one minute.
- Add lentils and bay leaf with 1.2 litres of water.
- Boil and then simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Drain, and scoop out the bay leaf.
- Stir in the remaining olive oil with 4 tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- Season with half teaspoon salt, few grindings of pepper, and mix in half salsa verde.
- To cook the fish, add 2 tablespoons oil, season the fillets’ skin, lay into the pan.
- Reduce the heat and leave fillets to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the fillets, add couple of lumps of butter.
- Cook for another one minute to make fillets thick.
- Stir the rocket into lentils, divide between four plates.
- Top each lentils mound with one fillet.
- Add some olive oil and blobs of the remaining salsa verde.
6. Salmon and Warm Cannellini Bean Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for a healthy Mediterranean-inspired meal, try salmon and cannellini bean salad. This dish is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it a perfect choice for any time of day.
Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for your heart health. Cannellini beans are also high in fiber and protein, making them an excellent source of both nutrients. Together, these ingredients make for a light yet filling salad that will keep you feeling energized all day long.
- 1 15-ounce can – rinsed and drained cannellini
- Olive oil
- 1 12-ounce wild salmon filet
- 1 onion – thinly sliced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cucumber – thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper – seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 4 Boston lettuce leaf cups
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place beans in a bowl.
- Heat a ridged grill pan or a barbecue frill. Coat the grill with cooking spray. Grill the salmon. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, cool it for 5 minutes and divide into four sections.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sauté the onions, add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the cucumber, mint, bell pepper, toss the salad.
- In a bowl, whisk the orange juice, vinegar, zest, pepper, oil, and salt – toss the salad.
- Place the lettuce cups on 4 plates. Top with salad and place the salmon.
7. Chickpea and Aubergine Warm Salad Recipe
Fresh and satisfying ingredients that won’t put you in a post-meal coma. This salad from Silvia’s Cucina is very healthy, and delicious to include in your Mediterranean diet recipes.
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley leaves and nasturtium to scatter on top
- Heat up the oil in pan, add garlic and cook in oil
- Add the aubergine, stir well and reduce the heat.
- Cover with lid and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- When the aubergines look soft and slightly caramelized, add the chickpeas and paprika.
- Stir and cook uncovered on medium hear for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve warm topped parsley and nasturtium leaves and grounding of black pepper.
It’s no secret that living a healthy lifestyle is essential for both your overall well-being and your longevity.
In this roundup of seven delicious Mediterranean recipes, you’ll find everything from healthy breakfast options to dinner dishes that will keep you feeling energized all night long.
So whether you’re looking to adopt a healthier lifestyle or just want some delicious food that won’t damage your health in any major way, make sure to check out these recipes! Either of these Mediterranean recipes will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. So go ahead and give them a try – you won’t regret it!